Welcome to Adapt
The Alliance for the Development of Additive Processing Technologies (ADAPT) is a membership-based organization that solves challenges in metal additive manufacturing (AM) using data informatics-driven approaches. ADAPT members have unique opportunities to realize the full potential of AM, respond quickly to market demands, and compete more effectively to become global AM leaders. Launched in December 2015 as a public/private partnership with funding from the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT), ADAPT is headquartered at Colorado School of Mines.
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING CHALLENGES
Additive manufacturing has been proclaimed as the next industrial revolution. With regard to metals, AM creates a tremendous shift in paradigm, in that the materials and parts are made simultaneously in the same machine. As with any paradigm shift, the exciting new opportunities that arise are equally met with new challenges to overcome. To date, companies adopting metal AM need more knowledge about:
- How to design parts for additive manufacturing
- How to control, certify and optimize AM processes and parts
- How to achieve consistent performance from their machines
ADAPT is closing these knowledge gaps to help its member companies gain a competitive edge in the global manufacturing marketplace. ADAPT’s machine-learning approaches rapidly advance a company’s AM capabilities by optimizing processes and materials to improve quality, consistency and predictability across all aspects of AM.
- Learn about the cutting-edge capabilities available at the ADAPT Advanced Characterization Center, located in Brown Hall at Colorado School of Mines.
- Our membership continues to grow! Find out how your business can benefit from the ongoing research at ADAPT.
- Questions? Contact us!